After 12 months of He-Man and Skeletor, UK comparison giant MoneySuperMarket.com has launched a new campaign starring Action Man.
Let’s take a moment to celebrate the success of the Epic Skeletor campaign which:
- was named #7 ad best film of 2017 by Campaign
- scored ‘Ad of the Day’ in Adweek
- was named ‘Ad of the Week’ in Campaign
- was considered in the top 2% of the most engaging ads ever recorded according to Millward Brown
- resulted in a 6% increase rise of revenues
- helped MoneySuperMarket surpass the target 20% YoY website visits
- increased Twitter mentions for MoneySuperMarket from 100 a day to 35,000 per hour
- send #moneysupermarket and #epicskeletor trending UK wide
Now THAT is a tough act to follow if I’ve even seen one! But we think you will agree that Action Man will give He-Man and Skeletor a run for their money!
In fact, it has already scored some positive feedback from the advertising trade:
- ‘Ad of the Day’ in The Drum
- ‘Ad of the Day’ in AdWeek
- ‘Ad of the Day’ in Campaign
- Named in Top 5 Best Ideas of the Week by AdAge
Twitter went into overdrive when the ad aired for the first time on Saturday night, with #ActionMan and #EpicActionMan trending across the UK.
Not only is ‘Finally’ by CeCe Peniston one of all time fave house tracks from the 90’s 🙌🏼 but #EpicActionMan is now firmly in my top 5 fave tv adverts! Those clever clever advertising creatives. I ❤️ the choreography🕺🏼👌🏼
— Rachel Wheatley (@RacheNews) March 10, 2018
— Dan Tearle (@RetroDan16) March 10, 2018
action men dancing to finally by cece penniston is probably one of the best things i’ve seen in ages #epicactionman
— 🍑 molly 🍑 (@mollylaura_) March 10, 2018
— Debbie Forrester (@Debbie_F1) March 10, 2018
— Tony Hedges (@TonyHedges) March 10, 2018
There is only one word to describe a campaign like this….. EPIC!
Here’s David Born, Director of Born Licensing, on set with the Action Man team dancing in the background.