Born Licensing has been shortlisted for a LIMA Award for the second consecutive year, along with Mattel and Lionsgate.
In 2017 our ‘Do Something Out of the Box’ campaign starring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe for Subaru was shortlisted, ultimately being beaten by the incredible Batman vs. Superman campaign with Turkish Airlines.
This year it’s He-Man and Skeletor’s turn to shine at the awards, with the MoneySupermarket.com campaign ‘Epic Skeletor’. The first campaign launched in March, with Skeletor dancing in the street to Irena Cara’s ‘Fame’.
The campaign was so successful that the team reunited to take things to the next level, with He-Man and Skeletor paying homage to Dirty Dancing with ‘Epic Lift’.
The campaigns were a huge hit with consumers as well as the advertising and licensing industries. It sent social media into a frenzy, with #EpicSkeletor and #MoneySuperMarket trending across the country. Mentions of MoneySupermarket.com went from 100 tweets a day to 35,000 an hour, and MoneySuperMarket’s revenue increased by 6%. Both campaigns were voted Ad of the Day and Ad of the Week in a range of ad industry publications and was in the top 2% of the most engaging advertising campaigns in history according to Millward Brown.
The costumes were also incredible, as you can see here in these behind the scenes films:
He-Man and Skeletor are up against some serious competition, including Angry Birds and Transformers. The shortlist for the 2018 International Licensing Awards in the ‘Licensed Promotions’ category are as follows:
- Angry Birds Debit Card at China Merchandise Bank- Rovio (Shanghai) Commerce and Trading Co., Ltd.
- Masters of the Universe and Dirty Dancing – Mattel and Lionsgate / Born Licensing
- Murder on the Orient Express & Godiva – Twentieth Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising / Sinerji Reklam Danismanlik Pazarlama Ve Dis Ticaret Ltd.Sti.
- Octonauts Swimming Programme Silvergate Media
- The Lapins Crétins (Raving Rabbids) / Carrefour Ubisoft / CPLG France
- Paramount Pictures’ “Transformers: The Last Knight” in Partnership with Coca-Cola China Paramount Pictures & Coca-Cola China